Bob Marley - There are few musicians who can create magic with their music. Bob Marley is one of the musicians. He is known for his brilliant and evocative music. He is regarded as an icon in the reggae world and has gained international recognition. With reggae songs, he left the indelible impression in the music world. The style is very unique and powerful music that stretches back nearly two decades and still remains timeless and universal.Although he is no longer in this world, no doubt his music remains timeless and echoes throughout the universe.



Bob Marley quotes most of the time coming from music, interviews and from his writings. Bob Marley Quotes talk about his personality, his dreams and his views about society and music. Most of Bob Marley Quotes simple sentences that have meaning wise in it. Citing his concern is not just about ethnicity but also their very inspiring and reflects in our lives today.

Bob Marley 
Hers is my personal favorite Bob Marley quotes and sayings that will provide insight into an arrogant way of thinking.



Get up, stand up, defend your rights. Get up, stand up, do not give up the fight.


No gain the world and lost souls. Wisdom is better than silver and gold.

How good and how pleasant it would be before God and man, yeah to see the unification of all Africans.



My music will last forever. Maybe it's stupid saying like that, but when I know the facts I can say facts. My music will last forever.


When one door closed, do not you know, another opens.



Every person shall have the right to determine their own fate.



first thing you should know about me is that I always stand what I stand for. Good?  The second thing you should know about your self listening to me is that words are tricky.So, when you know what I stand for, when I explain something to you, you should never try to see the 'pound it in a different way from what I strive for.


I have a BMW. But only because BMW stands for Bob Marley and The Wailers, and not because I need an expensive car

If you get down and quarrel everyday, you say a prayer to the devil, I say.



Open your eyes look inside. Are you satisfied with the life you live?


Can not live that negative ... make way for a positive day.

do not forget your history nor your destiny.



Freeing yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!



I believe in freedom for everyone, not just black people.



Of all the artists in the world, present and past, Bob Marley will always be the biggest. He died at the young age of 36, but Bob Marley will always be alive, he lived through poetic lyrics, the music is brilliant and inspirational quotes.

A selection of some of Bob Marley Most memorable quotes.

"Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny."


"Facts an' facts, an' t'ings an t'ings: dem's all a lotta fockin' bullshit. Hear me! Dere is no truth but de one truth, an' that is the truth of Jah Rastafari."


"I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side."

"Facts an' facts, an' t'ings an t'ings: dem's all a lotta fockin' bullshit. Hear me! Dere is no truth but de one"

"don´t forget yor history nor your destiny."


"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty."


"the harder the battle the sweet of jah victory."


"open your eyes & look within, are you satisfied with the life you´reliving."


"in this great future you can`t forget your past."


"If you get down and quarell everyday, you're saying prayers to the devil, I say."


"Just can't live that negative way...make way for the positive day!"


"Life and Jah are one in the same. Jah is the gift of existence. I am in some way eternal, I will never be
duplicated. The sigularity of every man and woman is Jah's gift. What we struggle to make of it is our sole gift to Jah. The process of what that struggle becomes, in time, the Truth."


"Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality . Wake Up and Live!"


"People want to listen to a message, word from Jah. This could be passed through me or anybody. I am not a leader. Messenger. The words of the songs, not the person, is what attracts people."


"Until the philosophy which hold one race superior and another inferior is finally discredited and
abandoned...WAR! So that is prophecy, and everyone know that is truth. And it came out of the mouth of Rastafari."


"The first thing you must know about me is that I always stand what I stand for. Good? The second thing you must know about yourself listening to me is that words are tricky. So when you know what me a stand for, when me explain a thing to you, you must never try to look 'pon it in a different way from what me a stand for."


"Me only have one ambition, y'know. I only have one thing I really like to see happen. I like to see mankind live together - black, white, Chinese, everyone - that's all."


"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind..."


"The good times of today, are the sad thoughts of tommorrow."


"You can fool some people sometimes, but you can't fool all the people
all the time."


"Don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver or gold..."


"When the race gets hard to run. It means you just can't take the pace."


"Rise O fallen fighters, rise and take your stance again, He who fight and run away, Live to fight another day"


"The power of philosophy floats through my head, Light like a feather, Heavy as Led"
Bookmark and Share